Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Production Pipeline: Project LARP 08

It's been a couple weeks since I've posted progress but suffice it to say it's been a little slow in the sweat shop due to theater. Not to say there hasn't been some improvements and new items created. One of the largest improvements has been to particle effects. The two fire elements I have are now improved as with their smoke...only the smoke isn't animating yet. Not sure why but I'm looking into it. Fire is doing wonderfully now that the fireball is made of fluids and not particles. Slime has blend shapes now so the only thing left is to smooth out his animations and render. Mimic has a bit more work because he has very complicated rigs for his tongue (which has been remodeled upon request). The bamboo pole was done a long time ago but I haven't shown it off here so I figured I'd upload that. The sky has been finished but I haven't really shown it off properly. The environment as a whole should be fine but I still need to create those dirt clouds for when characters/models make movements in the dirt (what would rock would be some footprints and the like done as an animated texture but the timing/placement of all of that could be a major pain so I'll leave that out for now since a RPG wouldn't have that anyway). The only other model that hasn't been shown yet is the winged potion. It's finally done except I still want to try to rig the wings to flutter and I need to animate the cork pop with the glitterfetti. I may try to research nDynamics to have 'realistic' fluids but considering how late in the game that would be coming I may just add that later down the line. The 2D components are started but I may be tweaking them a tad as they're only so-so. Music and sound effects will be starting next week and all green screen capture will be imported to After Effects for compositing. Now, for the long awaited photos of all these new goodies. Videos to come.

Until next time,
     Tex.


No comments:

Post a Comment