Sunday, April 3, 2011

EDW Week 4: Green Screen and Motion Capture

Nothing much to add here. All filming was performed in advance and I'm still working through production pipeline to add all the elements for rendering. I'm currently working with Nick Nicely to create a giant wall of green screening or possibly just a floor for the current green screen sweep. In addition, I hope to use the remaining paint that we bought to create a wall for my own apartment where I can film in my own home! Exciting things happening with green screening under Marla Schweppe's guidance. In addition, I hope to have a camera for this coming weekend to test the paint color and the wall or floor. Depends on our availability when the wall or floor will be done but pictures of our progress will be posted shortly.
Starting this week: Motion Capture. I'll be asking Halbstein for assistance in this if I can't reach Kirk Lansman.
Concept: Take a photograph of my clean kitchen and model a cereal box and jug/bottle/carton of milk. Capture motion of two actors moving around and attach motion to the models as they dance on the counter top. Matching perspective and applying lighting/shadows is the challenge here. Interest is not on tracking motion, but rather capturing motion and applying it to a model.

No comments:

Post a Comment